JFS is working hard to keep everyone safe and healthy so we can continue to provide services to the community. Effective until January 30, we are instituting the following Covid-19 Safety Guidelines:
For everyone working in The Kitchen (staff and volunteers):
- You will need to wear N95 or KN95 masks. JFS will supply masks for those who don't have their own. Please click here for our Volunteer Vaccination Policy.
For all drop-in visits to The Kitchen (for food pick-ups, case manager drop-ins, etc):
- You will be given a new, 3 layer surgical mask upon arrival to wear while in the Kitchen (even if only visiting for a few minutes).
- If you are unable to comply with the new guidelines, please contact our Community Care Line so we can accommodate you.
Please watch the below video on how to wear a face mask correctly:
For all JFS clients, staff and volunteers:
1. Staying Home if You Are Sick
Before coming to the JFS office or The Kitchen location, please assess yourself for the following symptoms:
- Body aches
- Difficulty breathing
- Extreme fatigue or tiredness
- Fever or chills
- Loss of appetite
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
- Nausea or vomiting
- Runny nose or nose congestion
- Sore throat
Please stay at home if you have any of these symptoms. If you think you may be developing symptoms but are not sure, you should stay home to monitor how you are feeling for at least a full day. Please speak with your supervisor to arrange a work from home plan if you are feeling well enough to work.
2. Visiting or Returning to JFS After Illness
Due to the fact that it is difficult to access PCR tests at this time and rapid antigen tests are not as reliable as the PCR tests, we ask that you follow the BC public health guidelines regarding return to work after illness. Assuming you are fully vaccinated, BC CDC requires you to isolate for at least five days after your symptoms started.
Care for yourself and others and wear a mask even in settings where a mask isn’t required and avoid higher risk settings for another 5 days after ending isolation.
Please wash your hands when entering any JFS location and before and after using any common equipment. Common high-touch surfaces, tools and equipment should be wiped down with antibacterial wipes after use. Nightly cleaning by cleaning professionals will continue to include disinfecting of all high touch areas.
4. Shared Spaces/Eating Areas/In person meetings
For now, we are asking you to refrain from congregating in any shared spaces which includes areas for eating meals.
We will be suspending all in-person meetings for January. Any in-person meetings will move online for the time being.
For everyone's safety, masks are required for all staff in the office and working in the community. Staff members may remove their masks when at their desks as long as no one else is within 2M