Supporting children and youth by addressing concerns and providing professional guidance can lead to healthy relationships and well-functioning, healthy adults.
At JFS, we realize the needs and concerns of children and youth are much different than those of adults. Guidance and education provide opportunities for children, youth - as well as families - to not only cope with stressors, but to learn new ways of managing these stressors. Appointment with youth and children are primarily in-person.
The goal of the Child, Youth & Family Counselling Program is to support and assist in the following ways:
- Adjusting to changes in family life or structure
- Coping with difficult emotions and situations at home and at school
- Reconciling relationships with parents and/or extended family
- Transitioning from home to independence
- Living in crisis situations
- Coping with gender identification and sexual orientation issues
- Provide parenting support or guidance
For further information, please contact Sang Prasad, Child, Youth and Family Counsellor, at email@example.com.
Stay in touch with JFS through email news and updates.