You can make a difference.
Volunteering is at the heart of JFS. We are always looking for creative, skilled volunteers to help us reach out to our community and uplift lives.
Volunteer jobs at JFS include:
- Jewish Food Bank
- Friendly visits with seniors
- Drivers for seniors
- Drivers for food delivery
- Office volunteers
- Helpers for High Holidays
- Hanukkah Helpers
Get Ready to Be a Volunteer
To be a JFS volunteer we ask you to do the following:
- To be supportive of the JFS mission
- To be culturally sensitive and respectful
- To be reliable and work cooperatively with JFS staff and volunteers
- To maintain confidentiality
- If required, take part in training
Start the process today!
Contact Darlene, Volunteer Coordinator, at email@example.com or (604) 558-5707.
“I volunteer because I have a strong sense of community, and giving of my time and effort is my way of contributing.” – Jonathan
“I volunteer to keep my mind active and alert. I realize that people like me doing it, so that makes me feel good. After 9 years, I am still doing it.” – Avrom
“I just love the seniors and sometimes they need help…You learn such wise lessons from them…the best part is that I love to give people compassion, help and empathy.” – Roxanne