JFS provides personalized, professional home support to seniors in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. Our qualified Home Support staff provide a comprehensive range of services to maximize independence. Our Home Support Coordinators are all trained professionals in health care or geriatric social work.
JFS’s commitment to quality Home Support means that:
- Our Home Support staff members are screened, police checked, supervised and provided with ongoing staff development. We hire only those with the training, experience, and personality required.
- We hire only staff for our clients that we would hire for our own family.
- We believe that home support should be tailored to each individual, including one’s physical, social, emotional, language and cultural needs.
- We believe it important to maintain an ongoing relationship with each client to best respond to evolving or changing needs. Our coordinators visit regularly, and maintain contact by telephone.
- We are committed to respect and support Jewish values and culture.
- We strive to be responsive, creative and flexible in creating each individualized care plan.
JFS Home Support workers can help with a variety of daily activities such as:
- Medication reminding
- Laundry and bed changing
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Alzheimer’s Care- relieve family or caregiver
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Errands, care of pets
- Bathing and dressing
- Short term convalescent care
- Sleep overs
(as of December 2019)
- Household: $26.60 per hour
- Personal Care: $28.30 per hour
For more information
To learn more about Home Support Services, please contact:
Elaine Perzow, BSW, MSW, Home Support Manager
604-637-3319 or email@example.com