JFS provides personalized, professional, non-medical home support to older adults and people with disabilities in Vancouver, Burnaby and Richmond. Our qualified Home Support staff provide a comprehensive range of services to maximize independence. Our Home Support Care Managers are all trained professionals in health care or geriatric social work.
Services are fee-based with limited subsidies available to low-income seniors.
JFS’s commitment to quality Home Support means that:
- Our Home Support staff members are screened, police checked, supervised and provided with ongoing staff development. We hire only those with the training, experience, and personality required.
- We believe that home support should be tailored to each individual, including one’s physical, social, emotional, language and cultural needs.
- We believe it important to maintain an ongoing relationship with each client to best respond to evolving or changing needs. Our Care Managers visit regularly, and maintain contact by telephone.
- We are committed to respect and support Jewish values and culture.
- We provide ongoing training to our Home Support staff to ensure that they have the right knowledge to support our diverse clients. We provide training about the LGBTQ2S+ community, the impact of trauma and identifying trauma in working with Holocaust survivors, occupational health & safety, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) training.
- We strive to be responsive, creative and flexible in creating each individualized care plan.
JFS Home Support workers can help with a variety of daily activities such as:
- Medication reminding
- Laundry and bed changing
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Alzheimer’s Care- relieve family or caregiver
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Errands, care of pets
- Bathing and dressing
- Short term convalescent care
- Sleep overs
For more information
To learn more about Home Support Services, please contact:
Elaine Perzow, BSW, MSW, Home Support Manager
604-637-3319 or email@example.com