JFS provides personalized, professional home support to seniors in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland. Our qualified Home Support staff provide a comprehensive range of services to maximize independence. JFS Home Support Coordinators are all trained professional social workers and bring more than 25 years experience in geriatrics.
JFS’s commitment to quality Home Support means that:
- Our Home Support staff members are screened, police checked, supervised and provided with ongoing staff development. We hire only those with the training, experience, and personality required.
- We hire only staff for our clients that we would hire for our own family.
- We believe that home support should be tailored to each individual, including one’s physical, social, emotional, language and cultural needs.
- We believe it important to maintain an ongoing relationship with each client to best respond to evolving or changing needs. Our social workers visit regularly, and maintain contact by telephone.
- We are committed to respect and support Jewish values and culture.
- We strive to be responsive, creative and flexible in creating each individualized care plan.
JFS Home Support workers can help with a variety of daily activities such as:
- Medication reminding
- Laundry and bed changing
- Accompaniment to appointments
- Alzheimer’s Care- relieve family or caregiver
- Meal preparation and clean up
- Errands, care of pets
- Bathing and dressing
- Short term convalescent care
- Sleep overs
- Long term live in help
(as of January 2018)
- Household: $23.50 per hour
- Personal Care: $25 per hour
Subsidy considered for low-income Jewish clients
For more information
To learn more about Home Support Services, please contact:
Elaine Perzow, BSW, MSW, Home Support Manager
604-637-3319 or firstname.lastname@example.org